If you are struggling to select a manageable topic try the following:
- Brainstorm all the keywords and ideas you can think of--think laterally
- Search the web for ideas and keywords; remember to check for any good quality references at the bottom of the page in Wikipedia.
- Search the NJIT online catalog for books that might be related or give you ideas
- Search the Academic Search Premier database using different keywords, browse and read for ideas
- Brainstorm with your friends / mix this up with searching, browsing, and reading
- Re-read the Badke assignment #3 from the Research Roadmaps (Chapter 2 - Taking Charge).
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST, Brainstorm with your professor or a librarian.