Please consider submitting an OAT proposal. All applications will be scored based on a rubric defined by the OAT team.
- Proposals will be accepted on a "rolling basis" for those with a commitment to implement the redesigned course curriculum at the start of spring 2022
- The call for proposals will close at midnight on Friday, October 14, 2021.
- Awards will be announced by Friday, October 29, 2021.
- Awards will be distributed in May 2022.
- Individual Instructor Awards: four $1,000 awards for undergraduate and graduate courses
- Course Coordinator Awards: four $3,000 award for courses managed by course coordinators
- Individual Instructor Award: applicant must be teaching a course with a textbook requirement. One award limit per year for two consecutive years.
- Course Coordinator Award: applicant must be a coordinator for a course that has a textbook requirement, with at least six sections using the same redesigned syllabus. Each section will use the same redesigned OER course materials. One award limit every two years
Application Details Requirements:
- Submitter and basic contact information
- Course number and title (if multiple, list all)
- Sections offered per semester
- Planned implementation semester
- Current textbook use in the curriculum and cost
- Proposed open textbook or affordable materials (full citation)
- Provide copies of the original and revised course syllabus
- What do you hope to achieve with this award? How will you assess the impact on student learning? What challenges do you anticipate? How do you plan to overcome these challenges?
- What library or other support will you require?