Open Educational Resources (OER) are educational materials and resources published in the public domain with open licenses. These open resources are offered freely and legally for use by anyone to adapt, improve and re-share.
Open Educational Resources may include:
- Open textbooks, course materials/modules, learning objects, homework assignments, quizzes, lab activities, games, simulations, self-developed educational videos.
Open Educational Resources are Released Under an Open License Granting Permission for Everyone to:
- Retain - users have the right to make, archive, and own copies of the content.
- Reuse - content can be reused in its unaltered form.
- Revise - content can be adapted, adjusted, modified, and altered.
- Remix - original or revised content can be combined with other contents to create new content.
- Redistribute - copies of the content can be shared with others in its original, revised or remixed form.
Getting Started with OER!