Finding eBooks at NJIT
Find electronic books (eBooks) at NJIT library in a few easy steps. Many eBook are downloadable for offline viewing to your laptops and other eReader devices.
- Search: Start by searching the online catalog . Selected ebooks from subscribed eBook collections as well as open access and freely accessible on the web are included.
- Identify: From the search results hit list, add a search filter "add filter: Electronic Books" filter or click on the book title for items listed as [electronic resource] or "Digital Resource" or "Free e-resource".
- Access: Click on the "Linked Resources" link to view the full-text of the eBook.
NOTE: Installation of a free software Adobe Digital Editions is required to download EBL ebooks for offline viewing.
EBL: Ebook Library
EBL titles can be read online or downloaded to or transferred to an eReader that support Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), including Sony, Kobo, and Nook. In addition, EBL titles can be downloaded to devices like the Nexus, iPad or iPhone using the Bluefire applications. EBL titles can also be sent as PDFs to Kindles.
- Accessing an eBook is considered as "Reading Online"
- Online reader is compatible with all web browsers
- Required Adobe Reader
- Preview or browsing period is 10 minutes before a 24-hour loan is prompted
- Click OK to continue reading
Download an entire ebook:
- Downloaded eBooks expires after 24 hours
- Download of an entire eBook for offline viewing requires Adobe Digital Editions
- Ebooks are available 24/7 to currently registered students, faculty and staff
- Limit of 10 eBooks checked out at a time
- Printing is restricted to 20% of each eBook
- Copying & pasting is restricted to 5% of each eBook
Adobe Digital Editions is required to download EBL e-books for offline viewing
Adobe Reader is required to print and copy ebook content.
Ask A Librarian
In-peson: Reference HelpDesk
- Mon-Thu: 10 am to 7pm
- Fri: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sat/Sun: Closed