Adapted from guides by the librarians of Washington University, St. Louis and the publisher of Mendeley, Elsevier.
What is Mendeley
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
With Mendeley, you can:
- Create and manage citations of books, articles, videos, and more
- Import citations from many databases
- Extract metadata from imported PDFs
- Collaborate with other researchers online
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Highlight and annotate papers and share those notes with others
- Organize your sources using groups, tags, and filters
Getting Started with Mendeley (5:37 min)
This tutorial briefly covers all basic features.
Import citations into Mendeley (2:04 min)
Director of Reference
Van Houten Library, NJIT