NJIT librarian liaison program began in 1992. Each NJIT reference librarian is assigned one or more academic departments and acts as a single point of contact for those faculty and students in such departments who require in-depth or subject-specific assistance. Each reference librarian is expected to:
- Develop subject expertise relevant to the disciplines of each assigned department; keep abreast of recent technical advances and trends.
- Provide faculty and students with Information searching assistance.
- Act as a single point of contact between individual users and the library to provide literature searching services and other customized information products. Maintain on-going, information contacts with library users in order to obtain information about their work and feedback on library products and services.
- Consult with NJIT faculty, administrative, and research personnel to learn of research projects which are underway or planned.
- Work with the academic departments to establish library user groups; lead periodic meetings. Meet regularly with users throughout the departments and attends technical programs in the departments.
- Promote library services to potential users; devise and make user information presentations on library services and products. Devise displays and promotional publications.
Subject Liaison Librarian
Each reference librarian at NJIT is assigned as a liaison to a number of different departments on campus and acts as a single point of contact for individuals in those departments with more in-depth or subject-specific needs. More about the librarian liaison program.
We'd love to hear from you!
Updating web sites is a never-ending process. Did you see something in this guide that was wrong? Is something still unclear?
Let us know!
We're all about making sure you have the best LibGuides experience possible!