This guide includes the self-learning tutorials either created or recommended by NJIT Librarians.
Click on the tabs above to see each video.
After watching the Getting Started video, you should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of using the library to do research.
- Recognize reference librarians, the research helpdesk, and their services.
- Locate the libraries and recognize the library buildings.
- Recognize the process for checking out resources and obtaining a library barcode.
- Recognize the circulation desk as the place to check out materials and obtain reserve items.
- Recognize the following: stacks downstairs, information commons, photocopiers, study areas, and group study rooms.
- Recall your walk-in book borrowing privileges at local libraries.
Ask a Librarian
Monday to Thursday, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm; Friday, 10:00 am - 5:00pm