Finding eBooks at NJIT
Find electronic books (eBooks) at NJIT library in a few easy steps. Many eBook are downloadable for offline viewing to your laptops and other eReader devices.
- Search: Start by searching the online catalog . Selected ebooks from subscribed eBook collections as well as open access and freely accessible on the web are included.
- Identify: From the search results hit list, add a search filter "add filter: Electronic Books" filter or click on the book title for items listed as [electronic resource] or "Digital Resource" or "Free e-resource".
- Access: Click on the "Linked Resources" link to view the full-text of the eBook.
NOTE: Installation of a free software Adobe Digital Editions is required to download ProQuest Ebooks Central for offline viewing.
ProQuest Ebook Central
Ebook Central provides more than 155,000 titles from the world's most authoritative publishers accessible electronically, online and offline. Ebook Central titles can be read online or downloaded to or transferred to an eReader that support Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), including Sony, Kobo, and Nook. In addition, titles can be downloaded to devices like the iPad or iPhone using the Bluefire applications. Ebook titles can also be sent as PDFs to Kindles.
Have questions about ebooks?
- Ebook Central Overview and Searching
- Ebook Central Downloads
- Ebook Central Reader
- Ebook Central Bookshelf
- View ProQuest Ebook Central LibGuide
- View help FAQs
- Accessing an eBook is considered as "Reading Online"
- Online reader is compatible with all web browsers
- Required Adobe Reader
- Default view includes an expandable "Table of Content", arubust "Search Withing" feature, relevancy ranked search terms by chapter, and navigation tool bar in the content pane
Download of the Entire Book or Download of a Chapter:
- Some Downloaded eBooks expires after 24 hours
- Download of an entire eBook for offline viewing requires Adobe Digital Editions
- Ebooks are available 24/7 to currently registered students, faculty and staff
- Limit of 10 eBooks checked out at a time
- Printing is allowed. View book details for priting allowances
- Copying of the whole page or text within a page is allowed.
Adobe Digital Editions is required to download EBL e-books for offline viewing
Adobe Reader is required to print and copy ebook content.
Ask A Librarian
In-peson: Reference HelpDesk
- Mon-Thu: 10 am to 7pm
- Fri: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sat/Sun: Closed