Writing & Research Guides
Many institutions have excellent websites that can aid all learners in improving their writing, research and presentation skills.
The guides linked here are recommended by our NJIT composition instructors and librarians.
selected academic writing center websites, guides, and handouts Books on Writing and Research
Writer's Web Shelf
This page lists websites useful for ready reference on questions of vocabulary, syntax, grammar and mechanics.
Strunk's Elements of Style (the original edition)
Developing Coherent Paragraphs University of Toronto
- Grammar and Mechanics Online Writing Lab (Purdue)
- an annotated collection of grammar sites University of Chicago Writing Program
- The Internet Grammar of English University College, London
- The Guide to Grammar and Writing Capitol Community College, Hartford, CT.
- Cleaning your Copy - self-directed course in grammar and style from Newsu.org
- Avoid WordinessOnline Writing Lab (Purdue)
Director of Reference
Van Houten Library, NJIT