Chemical, Biological & Pharmaceutical Engineering,
Chemistry & Environmental Science,
Civil & Environmental Engineering,
This guide was written by Bruce Slutsky to assist students of Che 396 learn the basics of how to find information in chemical engineering
Selected Guides to Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Resources on the Internet
Using the Wikipedia to find Chemical Information
Tutorial by Martin Walker of SUNY Potsdam
Class Exercises for Che 396 Spring 2017
Find articles using Scopus and Scifinder on each of these topics. I suggest you limit your search to journal articles.
1. Modeling of heat transfer in shell and tube heat exchanger
2. Pressure drop modeling in a fluidized bed
3. Data analysis for PAT (process analytical tool) implementations in the pharmaceutical industry
4. Find papers on polymer blends written by researchers from the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
5 Find an organization that has published extensively in circulating fluidized bed reactors.
6. Find an expert on the use membranes in water purification in the United States.
You must report the full bibliographic information plus the abstract to determine if the reference answers the question. For each of the articles you report, please indicate whether or not the article is available from the NJIT Library. Both Scifinder and Scopus gives links to the electronic version of the article. If you reach a “dead end” or if you are asked to give a username and password, it means NJIT does not have access to this journal article.
Biological Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry & Environmental Science, Physics