Writer's Web Shelf
This page lists websites useful for ready reference on questions of vocabulary, syntax, grammar and mechanics.
Strunk's Elements of Style (the original edition)
Developing Coherent Paragraphs University of Toronto
- Grammar and Mechanics Online Writing Lab (Purdue)
- an annotated collection of grammar sites University of Chicago Writing Program
- The Internet Grammar of English University College, London
- The Guide to Grammar and Writing Capitol Community College, Hartford, CT.
- Cleaning your Copy - self-directed course in grammar and style from Newsu.org
Director of Reference
Van Houten Library, NJIT